Saturday, 21 April 2012

Creative Portrait Brief


Workshop One – Studio          22-04-12

Kate Luke                          Studio Assignment Brief                   Semester One




Creative Portrait


For my ‘creative’ portrait I am looking at doing a photograph of a good friend of mine she is a very striking girl who also is a well-known singer in Canberra. She also has extremely long hair which in a way is a prop of its own. I am looking to do a portrait either showing the strength of women, and their power. Or a portrait which really reflects her personality, and her singing background.

I have a couple of examples which I hope to try and use to further develop my ideas.



The first couple of pictures are more about the subject and their guitar, and the mood these images create. I like the different angles of these images and I love the way you are drawn toward the subject by the guitar in each image. I also like the photo where the man is playing his guitar, as I know my friend gets in a real moment or mood when she plays, and it would be beautiful to capture this.


 I love the colours in this image, and the way the girl almost has her body wrapped around the guitar like it is her life. 


  This image is a very different view to a guitar and the musician than we usually see and I love how the leading lines lead us in to this persons love for music.
                
  Again as I said before I love the moment and the mood we can see in this man’s life and his passion and love for music.



I think this image is very interesting as the symmetrical style of the framing and the black and white image creates a strength within the image.



  These two pictures I think would work together, the first image has a very striking framing and a style that would work for a magazine style portrait which is something outlined in our brief, but I love the passion and character in the second image I hope to create the mood of the second image in the first ones composition.


I love these style portraits and have always wanted to attempt the mirror reflection style picture one portrait tells one story but I think when a mirror is added like it has done in the top image, you get this gorgeuos glow like image where the reflection becomes apart of the person itself.

Finally I love this picture with the geometric shapes created by her body and arms, and the rim lighting which exentuates the pose even more. For some people a profile view works and for others it is a burden, in this case I think it has proved a beautiful asset and pose for this image.

No comments:

Post a Comment